Everyday that I wake
I am sustained by His Great
unfailing, undeniable love

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The window seat


Okay, so what do you think? This window seat has been a challenge ever since we moved in. Everything I've put on this window just hasn't been quite right until now. First of all I need to thank Camille for her inspiration and advice. I couldn't have even envisioned this without her. She made some gorgeous curtains for her kitchen that I loved in a cranberry and gold that I knew right away would be perfect for this window. However, since her windows were on a smaller scale I couldn't use her pattern and had to make my own out of butcher paper. It worked great. Then came the fringe. I've never sewn with cording or fringe so thanks again to Camille for making sure I didn't do it backwards. SERIOUSLY. As you can see I still have to tack down the right side. I think I misled Melissa by saying "handstitch" but I'm really just tacking down the folds so they don't gape open.

Eventually, we will be able to put white faux wood blinds on the back of the house like the front and I think that will make it look great. Oops, I almost forgot. Thanks to Rhonda for letting me use her Bernina, it sews like a dream. And for those of you about to have babies I got to catch up on sewing my burp clothes so be ready for some cute "Spit-ables".

6 comments:

SanDee said...

Looks Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

Whitney said...

It looks awesome and so rich! I love all the silky looking pillows and the colors! I'm very impressed!

Proud Parents said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Absolutely beautiful!

Sarah said...

Again -- I am AMAZED! So impressed with your skills! Looks fabulous!

Camille said...

Love Them! I can't imagine you making something that did NOT turn out beautiful. You are so talented!

Melissa said...

Beautiful! They look so professional - you did a fantastic job! I'm impressed you did it in an afternoon, too. WOW!