They are beautiful blessings indeed and I am joyful.
The 1st scripture I read for this year was part of the wall of prayer. It struck me so I want to share it with all of you.
1 Thessalonians 5:15-18
Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
Ouch! I've been nice and nice gets me hurt. I want to say that again that God never said it would be easy. Sometimes I wish I wasn't nice. That I had this nice thick shell around me but then I remember how heartless I would feel if nothing ever did bother me. I want to be strong yet tender. I want to cry at movies and feel the pain when my when my children feel pain. Lately, I have thought about paying back wrong for wrong. Dear Lord, forgive me for this sin. I didn't however, and thank you for the strength. I know part of all of this is that I have asked the Lord to make me stronger and a leader especially to my children and to teach me, I must learn by experience. Trials make me stronger. Often I don't always see the reason for my lessons but as the song says "I believe, even when he is silent". I've stopped asking Why? Why Lord? Why Me? Why Today? Because even though he is silent someday I will understand. Even if I don't maybe someday somebody else will understand. Either way it is a Gift. A gift that he still has faith in me and for that I give thanks in all circumstances.Thank you Lord for the gift of prayer. That I can talk with you anytime, anywhere, you are always listening. Thank you for my purpose in this New Year, whatever it may be. Amen.

4 comments:
First, what an adorable picture of your kids! They are really growing fast.
Second, I totally understand you when you say that you have "been nice and nice gets me hurt". I have been there, and I always have to remind myself of what God wants from me.
I long for Heaven when we won't have to worry about it any more. Won't it be grand to be there? Won't it be grand to never have to fight Satan again?
I know God has BIG plans for both of us in this new year, and I can't wait to see Him work those through to fruition!
Praying for you and loving you, friend!
I agree with Anne about what a great picture of your kiddos that is.
I just want to let you know that you are one of the sweetest, kindest and christ like women I know. Stay strong! God is Good! I loved your prayer.
Love SanDee
Great post! Definitely one that is not easy and one that we have to be reminded of often. It is definitely one that I get better at as I get older.
I love Abby's birthday cake- you are so talented! Your kiddos pictures is precious- you have 2 beautiful children.
Your children look so beautiful! Stan did a great job!
I think we have all gotten hurt when trying to just do the right thing and live like Christ. The key there is Live Like Christ, I have to remind myself of all the pain and suffering he went through for us and then things do not seem quite so bad. A lot of times it seems that we go through "growing pains" with our faith at times when we feel the closest to God. Maybe it is Satan or maybe it is just God pulling us in closer to lean on Him. I know that personally He has to bring me to my knees for me to realize that I cannot do anything all on my own.
I love you, sweet friend and you are in my prayers daily. When no one was there for me you were and it meant the world to me. You showed me Christ in you and opened your soul to me. I am here for you to talk with or just to listen. I know that there is a wonderful plan at work in your life. I cannot wait to be there when it unfolds.
Post a Comment