Everyday that I wake
I am sustained by His Great
unfailing, undeniable love

Sunday, April 27, 2008

My Annie



Annie's shower was today and it was a sweet success. She was surrounded by love and got some really nice stuff. If she forgot anything she was given it would have been okay with me. Speaking of, why don't we have a mid-life shower? You know all those things you should have registered for but didn't or replace the things that are embarrassing (like our towels).

Now back to reality. A little about "my annie". Many call her Analee, most call her Anna, but we call her Annie. I always wanted a little sister. I promised my mom once that I would be much nicer to a little sister than my sister was to me. Well, it was a good thing my parents didn't have more kids but God knew it was on my heart and I finally got one. She calls me her big sis and I'm proud to finally have a little sister to be nice too. You know, someone to share all your wisdom with. Kind of like a practice run before I mess up my own kids. :) She's a great girl and I'll be proud to stand up beside her when she gets married. I really thought she was crazy to want an old lady up there with her but it's an honor to be part of her "family by choice".

We love you Annie.

1 comment:

Proud Parents said...

Looks like it was a beautiful success. The cake looks perfect, I know it tasted great! Millie is still waiting for her invitation:)