Everyday that I wake
I am sustained by His Great
unfailing, undeniable love

Monday, March 31, 2008

My West Texas Tropical Oasis... ...What?

Design on a Dime

The chairs are from Target, the rug, pillows and coffee table are from BigLots
You know how when you've wanted and wanted something for so long and you finally get it you just want to do a happy dance. This is why I'm dancing. It happens 3 times a year I get my way. Christmas, B-day and Mother's Day. I've known for quite a while what I wanted for my b-day -patio furniture. Thankfully, dad knows I like the color green and he gives me $$ for my b-day and christmas. Mark, on the other hand says "What do you want?- Well, go get it and pick up a card and sign me name to it while your at it. " It may be unconventional to you, but it works for us. So thanks to dad and Mark I got my West Texas Tropical Oasis.

What dad wanted was for me to spend the money getting a manicure, pedicure, massage and maybe some clothes. But I wanted wicker furniture. Some people want jewelry, some people want the pedicure but I always tend to spend it on the house or kids instead of myself. In the spring, summer and fall we spend our days outside hunting bugs, playing in the sprinkler and eating popsicles and getting sticky. Now while the kids play I can prop my feet up and relax.

If these seems selfish, it's not. I wanted these chairs for all of us to enjoy. So just give me a call when you want to come sit in the shade with me, while the kids play away. Or a couple of my friends have already come over to sit outside at night to enjoy the breeze and stars.

I know your thinking, where's the pool? Yeah Right. 100 b-day's and mother's days and that still won't happen but we do have a 1 ft. pink kiddie pool. :)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that you can see the kids playing in the reflection in one of the pics! Precisely what that spot is for! Very fun. For Mother's Day, pick yourself up one of those table waterfalls so that it can SOUND like you have a pool!(9 weeks from today I am SO at the pool!!)

Melissa said...

Stunning! You have such a good eye for design. I'm so jealous. My back porch is a wind tunnel and campground for spiders and wasps - yuck! We do have plans to expand the porch...but we've had those plans for almost 6 years now...maybe it's time to change them :)

Whitney said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! A great porch to relax on and watch your kids play. Can you come work on mine?

Proud Parents said...

Yeah! It's all great and beautiful. Love the beautiful new furniture. Perfect design. And congratulations on your new swing set. We'll be over soon!