Everyday that I wake
I am sustained by His Great
unfailing, undeniable love

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter





It was burr cold on Easter morning. And did I mention it was windy. So the Easter bunny delivered eggs indoors. The kids had fun hunting for eggs all through the house. He started in each of their rooms with colored easter grass. Matthew's was green and Abba's was yellow. So the kids only picked up the eggs that were on their color of easter grass and it worked out perfectly! Did you notice they are in their Christmas pj's? CUZ it was COLD.

We went to a different church on Sunday with some friends. Their reinactment of Jesus being crucified was beautiful and of course deeply moving. I was crying and crying and yet happy that the children got to see it so beautifully done for the 1st time in their lives. They weren't frightened and understood what was happening. It was a great lesson for them to see what Easter is truly all about.

Afterwards my precious family came over for lunch. Everyone pitched in by bringing delicious food (and too much of it) along with some super yummy desserts. The kids had to wait until Boba and Patricia got here before I gave them their Easter baskets from us. Of course, they just wanted to play with their goodies instead of eat lunch. But they were well entertained so we could enjoy some sweet family stories and "grown up talk". You know, the kind you couldn't stand when you were a kid, but are now engrossed in.

Well I'd better scram, the time on my computer says it's almost tomorrow.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Cute, cute! I bet your busy cleaning your house this week! I'm excited about Maggie's shower! See ya Saturday!