Everyday that I wake
I am sustained by His Great
unfailing, undeniable love

Monday, March 3, 2008

So Happy Together...

Matthew and I had fun at our local party place for one of his friends b-day parties. I told him it was a date night for the two of us. We raced go-carts, & I got to watch while he played laser tag. Never having played laser tag before, it amazed me how he automatically knew what to do. His little vest was heavy and swallowed him but he was a trooper.
Later, we won 500 tickets at a spinning game. It was the largest amount you could win so we hit the JACKPOT. Everyone stopped by to see our tickets piling up. He didn't mind sharing his winning tickets with his friends and getting a CareBear to take home for Abba.
Next it was mine and Abba's turn for a date. I took her to the ballet on Sunday. It was quite long (3 intermissions) and suprisingly she sat through the whole thing. She can't wait to be on stage for her own dance recital. ( I wonder where she gets that from? )
Her favorite part of the ballet was "the bad guy" (the witch) and the big bad wolf. She's always loved the big bad wolf.

It's been normally busy around here. I did get to go to the Friday night events of our Ladies' Retreat from church. Everyone worked so hard to pull it all together and I had a blast playing BUNCO afterwards. My partner at one part in the evening rolled a bunco - picked up her dice and instantly rolled another one. I've never seen that happen and I screamed louder than she did.

I'll be posting quite a bit in the upcoming weeks so stay tuned... Lindi

1 comment:

SanDee said...

It is good to hear from you. I wondered where you went. Isn't it fun to have dates with our kids. I love it! Oh man 3 hours. Whewww. I considered taking Sydnee but backed out and I'm glad I did know because there is NO way she could have lasted 3 hours. My mom and I took her to the Nutcracker though and she did great. She loves dancing too. It is so much to get to do boys stuff like laser tag and then turn around and do girly stuff too. Glad your back.