Everyday that I wake
I am sustained by His Great
unfailing, undeniable love

Monday, August 25, 2008

No Tears Here










Matthew's 1st day of Kindergarten was a GREAT success. I'm not usually one to pat myself on the back but I'm so proud of me. Matthew made it to school happily and there were no tears from any of us, even Abba. He was so excited, I'M SO PROUD OF HIM! He already made friends and likes his teacher. He says she's nice and very sweet. Two thumbs up. We even made it through carpool pick-up line without needing anti-anxiety medication. I've heard it can be quite the hair pulling experience picking them up more so than dropping them off. Who Knew? After all the wonderful details we went to Smoothie King for a shake and a cookie. They had that cute cardboard cutout and I just couldn't resist. We were the only ones inside anyway. I didn't know they had a drive thru - did you? Well, after all the excitement I'm exhausted. I may not have cried but all in all it's been an emotional week or two for me on so many other levels and other issues. I'm spent. I want to Thank God for being with me and answering my prayers especially during these past couple of weeks. I feel so deeply blessed.


2 comments:

Erica said...

I am so glad that Matthew's day went so well and I am so proud of you. Kaylee asked about him last night. She wondered how his day went. I am sure he is going to have an amazing year!

Whitney said...

Good job Matthew, Mom, and Abby!