Everyday that I wake
I am sustained by His Great
unfailing, undeniable love

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Do you remember when?

Maybe I was a little too excited to get out of town but when we passed this piggly wiggly on the way to our destination I took short walk down memory lane. Don't you remember piggly wiggly? Then along came Gibson's and Super Duper. It was just kind of funny to me. Mark just shook his head at me like oh my gosh you need to get out more. He was even more exasperated at me when on our way home I made him take this picture out the window as we drove by. Just another small town in Texas.

Another interesting thing we saw along the way was a dairy farm. No, not where they milk the cows where they breed them. There must have easily been over 200 black and white dairy calves. They were so cute I wanted to bring one home.

2 comments:

ajphillips said...

Is that in Stephenville????? I went to college in Stephenville, looks very familiar!!! I think I even went in that store once or twice. And the dairy farm, I bet that is Stephenville...Erath county is the number 1 dairy producing county in Texas!

Melissa said...

We totally shopped at the Piggly Wiggly when I was little! I thought all grocery stores were called Piggly Wiggly. I was so sad when it changed. Did you go inside? I think I would have stopped and bought something just to get a Piggly Wiggly sack. Brings back memories!