
I guess I'm kidding myself when I say Matthew looks like me. Anyway, Mark got to take Matthew to a birthday party friday night, and it was just the boys. I was happy for Mark to get to see Matthew with his friends and see how he interacts with the kids and for Mark to get some social time with the parents. Over the past 6 years Mark has never taken either of the kids to a b-day party by himself. Of course, most parties are on Saturday and Mark works. He doesn't get the privelage of meeting all of Matthew's friends or their parents so it was good for him to become familiar with the "birthday circuit". Abba and I spent some time outside playing and then she went to bed early. Mark and Matthew didn't get home till after 11 pm. A little late for a 6 year old many would say but they got to watch a movie outside under the stars once it got dark. He had a great time and dadda was exhausted :) It was a campout sleepover party but we discussed it and decided not to let him sleepover. We know that a sleepover is in his near future but friday night wasn't it. Don't faint but I've only been away from Matthew for 5 nights of his life and 4 of those where when I was in the hospital having Abba and when she went back in for Jaundice. And we all know and thank Melissa for taking me to see Depeche Mode for the other one. Good Times. We are obviously a close nit and overly protective family. We know that sleepovers are in his near future so if you ask be prepared for my 50,000 ?'s... Do you have all your medicines, chemicals, knives and scissors stored away securely? Do you have weapons in your home? Are the locked in a safe or loaded under your bed? Do you have smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors in your home? Do you have a pool? What kind of TV do you watch in front of your kids and are they allowed on the internet? Do you leave your children unattended or unsupervised? Would you be taking them in a vehicle for any reason and do you have proper car seats? Are you more protective of other peoples children or your own?
At what point do people label me as a FREAK? Honestly, I can hear my dad laughing at me now. Lindi, seriously if they are raising/raised their own kids don't you think he would be fine for one night? I guess that's the question? At some point he will move off for college. :)
1 comment:
They look EXACTLY alike!
Post a Comment