Many of you may not remember but the spring after we moved in the house they did construction in my alley. It was supposed to last 2 weeks and it lasted 6. It didn't hinder my neighbors ability to get in and out of their driveway's so we were the only ones inconvenienced by the construction. I don't know what they did back their for 6 weeks but now and always when it rains it creates a very fast river in my alley. Can you see it? It also sweeps our trash can away about a block. It is a community trash can but we seem to be the ones always pushing it home after the flood. Why I bring up this story after 2 years is because today it was really comical. Here we are coming home from church and Mark wanted to scavenge the neighborhood for our trash can. I told him no need it's always in the middle of the road at the end of block. Sure enough it was and we pushed the trash can home with our Tahoe passed 8 houses to it's current destiniation until it rains again. Yes, it's mighty large and full of trash one person cannot drag it. The kids thought it was so funny, Mark and I thought it was so funny, Matthew got the hiccups.
The point to the story: I've got the river of life flowing out of me....... Along with a river of water flowing down my alley.....
I guess our 4 wheel drive is good for something after all.
1 comment:
I'm not sure where you live, but it seems like the agenda for all the alley work in my neighborhood goes like this: drive every piece of large equipment that the City of Abilene owns to construction spot. Leave them idle for the day. Lean on shovels and pick-axes and discuss the weather and the wife. Lunch break. Resume discussion. Encourage one man on a smaller piece of equipment to keep going. Take all the large equipment back where it lives until the next day. What-up??? yeah -- those trash cans are INSANE full of trash AND water.
Post a Comment